Free software tools that add to your anti-virus protection
From this week’s review and comment on the news. Here’s some free software that can make a big difference on the security for your computer:
- SlimComputer – to turn off the unneeded programs, toolbars and promotions that come pre-installed on a new PC
- SlimClearner – is the world’s first software that lets you clean and optimize Windows systems using a crowd-sourced approach. SlimCleaner uses aggregated-cloud feedback to recommend optimal settings for programs, start-ups and services.
- SlimDrivers – uses crowd-sourcing to spider and aggregate millions of devices to keep the device drivers up-to-date. Using a cloud-based system, SlimDrivers not only detects when a driver needs updating, but also identifies the proper executable for your system and initiates the driver install automatically.
- Checks and identifies security issues in your browser. Very nice software. It detected some plugins on my machine that were out-of-rev.
- Protects your inbox from spam, phishing and viruses.
- Filtering for , POP, Exchange and Web mail accounts
You’ve probably got enough information already, but if you’d like to read more:
Free software tools can add to your anti-virus protection
Related articles by Zemanta
- Free Anti-Virus Software That Fits on a USB Thumb Drive (brighthub.com)
- Get Spyware Protection to Ensure your Privacy and Online Security … (online-banking.blogrica.com)
- 5 Mac AntiVirus Tools for OS X (And Do We Need Them?) (mac.appstorm.net)
- Anti-Virus firms engaged in Fraud (warintel.blogspot.com)